This page is dedicated to our Historic Houses photo collection. Residences are alphabetically listed by last name. Many of these have been
scanned from old newspaper photos, and the grainy quality will remain. If anyone has any information on these residences, please tell us about
them so we can include it here. Not all these houses are still standing. Click on pictures to enlarge.
Frank W. Briggs house, 1907 photo.
Dr. E. C. Bryant house, 1907 photo. Still standing in 2005, used by MCI.
Sanger Cook's House in winter, circa 1955. Sanger Cook wrote the 1966 history of the town, Pittsfield on the Sebasticook. This house stands at the corner of South Main St. and Peltoma Ave.
Dr M. L. Damon residence, 1907 newspaper photo.
Samuel R. Haines house, 1907 photo.
[2008 photo] The 9 room Hamilton house on Hartland Avenue at the corner of Hamilton Drive. Original landscaping included a tennis court and a stone, sunken garden on
the north side where at one point a peacock was kept (according to Clum Spencer). One resident owned Northeast Chemical, which was destroyed by fire on
March 1, 1973. The plant was located where the Cianbro building is now. House owners included Birger Hamilton and Arthur T. Hamilton his son.
There was a fire some 80 years ago, after which the structure was rebuilt. Brik Hamilton received the Eagle Scout award, January 22, 1969.
Thomas G. Lancey house, 1907 photo. More photos and bit of history of this house can be found here. Thomas Lancy began the Lancey House Inn in the mid 1800's.
Dr. V. T. Lathbury residence, on the corner of Hathorn and Park Streets. The site is now occupied by the Hathorn Estates building. 1907 newspaper photo.
Moses Martin Farm, 1907 photo. Built in 1818, this was the oldest wood
frame building in Pittsfield until it burned in the mid 1960's. More about the Martin farm here. Also, see what the site looked like in 2005.
A. P. McMaster house, 1907 photo.
Llewellyn Parks house, 1907 photo. Llewellyn Parks became Governor of Maine.
W. L. Pushor residence, 1907 photo.
S. M. Raymond house, 1907 photo.
Oral Small Farm, Bean's Corner Road.
Stanley Small home.
Dr. F. J. Taylor house, 1907 newspaper photo (left), 1972 photo (right). Dr. F. J. Taylor settled in Pittsfield about 1882, coming from Jay,
Maine, where he was born in 1854. In 1907 he had been in practice twenty-six years and was described as "a public spirited citizen, a
successful physician and a man who is always willing to take hold and work with a will for the moral and material advancement of the
town." In 1972 the location was called the "Bulley House" as it was where the long time Bully Taxi Co was located.